The earlier you start taking care of your skin, the better your skin will look as you age. The little things we do each day can impact our skin's appearance. But, what are those little tips and tricks that we should be following to ensure we are taking care of our skin? Let's take a look at these 11 skin care beauty tips that will put you on the right track to glowing, fabulous, younger looking skin.
Even if you implement a few of these skin care beauty tips, it will go a long way towards keeping your skin looking its best. Let's face it, we all want to put our best fast forward. We should listen to the advice of our dermatologists and take the time to care for our skin. After all, it is our body's largest organ.
Small Tips, Big Reward
1. Showering is always a good thing, but taking a shower that is too hot is definitely not a good thing. If your shower water is too hot, you'll dry out your skin. I know in the winter time it can be tempting, but this one little thing is so easy to implement to prevent damage to our skin.
2. I can't say enough about always wearing sunscreen. Whether it is the middle of the summer or the middle of the winter, you still need to put on sunscreen daily. This one tip alone can make you look years younger than your peers as you age. Check out our favorite sunscreen.
3. Although we don't like to admit it, our diets have a huge impact on our skin. If we eats lots of processed foods, and fried foods, our skin pays the price. It leaves our skin prone to break outs and a dull appearance. For glowing skin that looks its best, eat foods high in omega 3's and fatty acids like avocados and salmon.
Eating high amounts of fried foods, and foods high in sugar can lead to break outs and other skin problems.
Some other great foods known to perk up the appearance of your skin are almonds, green leafy vegetables, dark chocolate, walnuts, tomatoes, oatmeal, kiwi, and eggs.
4. Although it may be tempting, never go to bed with your makeup on. I know sometimes we are exhausted by the end of the day, but sparing just a few minutes to wash away all the dirt and pollutants of the day is a must. At night our skin is in overdrive working to repair itself. If we don't remove our makeup, your skin's ability to repair itself will be hindered. Here are our favorite facial cleansers.
5. Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate! You need hydration both inside and outside. It is important to drink plenty of water to keep your skin hydrated, but we also need to hydrate on the outside as well. Using a quality moisturizer that hydrates your skin can go a long way to preserving and protecting our skin.
6. Never forget to exfoliate. Exfoliating your skin removes dead skin cells and reveals brighter, fresher, younger looking skin underneath. If you don't exfoliate, the dead skin cells remain leaving your skin prone to break outs and blackheads. Your skin will also have a dull appearance.
When you exfoliate, you remove the dead skin cells which allows all your skin care products to work more effectively. Check out our favorite exfoliating facial scrubs.
7. Never underestimate the power of getting the proper amount of sleep. We've all had those late nights out and we look at our skin the next day and see the effects it has on our appearance. Not getting enough sleep leaves us prone to dark under eye circles and dull skin.
I know it is not always possible to get enough sleep every single night, but as a habit, make a priority of getting 7 to 8 hours of sleep a night. It will go a long way towards enhancing your skin's appearance.
8. Stress has a huge effect on our skin. High levels of stress can spike our hormone production. It is proven that stress can cause acne, hives, eczema, psoriasis, and rosacea.
We can't avoid stress altogether, but we can take steps to minimize stress. It is important to know when it is time to step aside and take some time to destress and relax. Everyone has a different way to relax. For some, getting together with friends to have a nice dinner or a day of shopping, while others may relax by exercising. Just know your limits, and remember to take time for you.
9. Start sleeping with a satin pillowcase as opposed to a cotton pillowcase. Cotton has a tendency to absorb moisture from your skin. Losing moisture is not what you want while you are sleeping. You want your skin to stay hydrated. Opting for a satin pillowcase provides a smoother surface and will help reduce the appearance of those pesky sleep lines. Those sleep lines can quickly lead to wrinkles. Click to purchase a satin pillowcase on Amazon
10. Take time to pamper yourself and relax with a mud mask. Dead Sea mud masks are known to draw out impurities in your skin and reduce pore size. leaving your face flawless. Just taking a little bit of time to relax with a mud mask helps rejuvenates your spirit. Check out our favorite mud mask
11. Make sure you moisturize your skin daily. Our skin is especially vulnerable to dryness in the winter time. With the blustery air outside and the dry air from the heat inside, the moisture in our skin takes a beating. Just think of a dry sponge and how it looks. The difference you see when you put water on a sponge is incredible. Think of your skin like a sponge in the winter time, it gets dried out and needs to be hydrated.